Oklahoma Competitive Soccer Forum
The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help me grow the forum!
ECNL VS DA Pixel
Statistics
We have 466 registered users
The newest registered user is Drmorgan554

Our users have posted a total of 6876 messages in 411 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

ECNL VS DA

3 posters

Go down

ECNL VS DA Empty ECNL VS DA

Post by 918soccer Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:40 am

I like how the Michigan Hawks explain the difference between ECNL and DA to their players:

http://hawks.soccer/?page_id=849

918soccer

Back to top Go down

ECNL VS DA Empty Re: ECNL VS DA

Post by 918soccer Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:53 pm

http://www.eliteclubsnationalleague.com/2017/03/16/the-college-numbers-proven-path/

918soccer

Back to top Go down

Post by 918soccer Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:51 pm

With the prospect of Energy getting DA, thought it might be relevant to start a discussion about how the competitive soccer landscape has changed and where it is heading.

I for one think it would be fantastic for soccer in Oklahoma if Energy gets DA. For too long certain clubs and coaches have preached to their members that there is no benefit to national leagues like ECNL and DA and this has prevented many good female players in Oklahoma from playing at the highest level. If Energy gets DA, those parents will quickly realize that what they have been told is far from the truth and our state will finally start to send their top players to these leagues just like other top soccer cities have done for years. Oklahoma's soccer public has been blind, but now they will see.

Good luck to Energy getting DA!

918soccer

Back to top Go down

Post by Knuckleball Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:53 pm

918soccer wrote:With the prospect of Energy getting DA, thought it might be relevant to start a discussion about how the competitive soccer landscape has changed and where it is heading.

I for one think it would be fantastic for soccer in Oklahoma if Energy gets DA. For too long certain clubs and coaches have preached to their members that there is no benefit to national leagues like ECNL and DA and this has prevented many good female players in Oklahoma from playing at the highest level. If Energy gets DA, those parents will quickly realize that what they have been told is far from the truth and our state will finally start to send their top players to these leagues just like other top soccer cities have done for years. Oklahoma's soccer public has been blind, but now they will see.

Good luck to Energy getting DA!

I'm from the west side and I've never doubted ECNL. My daughter has played competitive soccer for just two years, but never once has a coach, or parent, said anything negative about ECNL. Actually, as far as I know, all of the coaches on this side have wanted in for years. The only thing I've heard is that it's not the only path to college soccer. Yes, it's an easier road but you can get there other ways. The only thing negative we hear from this side is that TSC has always kinda lobbied against any other club (OFC) getting an invite. The problem for girls is the commute to Dallas or Tulsa. Yes there are girls that do it, but it takes dedicated parents as well as the kids to travel that much on school nights.
So OEFC (East) will be able to provide a DA platform for Tulsa girls (obviously OKC will too), but unfortunately the west will still be without ECNL. I think both sides of the state should be easily available to all girls.

Knuckleball

Back to top Go down

Post by Knuckleball Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:09 pm

918 - To answer your main question as to the "landscape"....I think you're going to see TSC and OEFC acquire more clubs. I don't see Southlakes or Norman getting DA/ECNL on their own. Maybe if Norman and Southlakes combine with each other????

Knuckleball

Back to top Go down

Post by 918soccer Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:11 pm

Impressive college signing numbers for ECNL players in 2018!

Out of 1507 female ECNL players in the 2018 graduating class, 1156 signed to play soccer in college on signing day and 327 are still undecided. Of the players who signed, 794 signed with D1 schools and 361 signed with D2, D3 and NAIA schools.

http://www.eliteclubsnationalleague.com/2018/02/07/over-1100-college-bound-athletes-in-the-girls-ecnl-class-of-2018/

918soccer

Back to top Go down

Post by Knuckleball Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:29 pm

918soccer wrote:Impressive college signing numbers for ECNL players in 2018!      

Out of 1507 female ECNL players in the 2018 graduating class, 1156 signed to play soccer in college on signing day and 327 are still undecided. Of the players who signed, 794 signed with D1 schools and 361 signed with D2, D3 and NAIA schools.

http://www.eliteclubsnationalleague.com/2018/02/07/over-1100-college-bound-athletes-in-the-girls-ecnl-class-of-2018/

Those are impressive numbers indeed. But, in state, I'd have to give the nod to OFC (over TSC) this year with girls signing D1 (so far). Maybe even give them the nod on overall signatures with D2, D3 and NAIA (yes I know things can still change).
If OEFC does get DA, and judging by Dallas younger ages gravitating to DA, I'd say in the next 4 years you'll see this increase even more.
Don't get me wrong, I do believe in the power of ECNL. But you have to admit it's not the only route to play in college.

Knuckleball

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballDad05 Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:44 pm

ECNL VS DA 599d0f10

When you consider Dartmouth, Purdue, Trinity and Guelph(Canada) and Texas A&M the signings look a little bit more skewed toward TSC not only play wise but Education wise.

We are now on oklahomaselectsoccer.com

Welcome the discussion, knuckleball

FootballDad05

Back to top Go down

Post by Knuckleball Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:14 pm

FootballDad05 wrote:ECNL VS DA 599d0f10

When you consider Dartmouth, Purdue, Trinity and Guelph(Canada) and Texas A&M the signings look a little bit more skewed toward TSC not only play wise but Education wise.

We are now on oklahomaselectsoccer.com

Welcome the discussion, knuckleball

Footballdad - thanks for the link. I thought it had been kinda quiet on here. Not sure how I missed that, but thanks.
It appears the Katie on your list is a '19 grad which 918 had given an updated list on the ntx board:

https://www.jotformpro.com/table/80375237682058

OFC does have 1 A&M, 2 KS and 1 Univ. of Tulsa commits. The rest seem to be a wash between lower divisions. As I've always stated on here, I don't doubt the platform ECNL provides with college coaches attending their events. My only argument is that it's not the only way to get there.

Again, thanks for the link and I'll see you over there.

Knuckleball

Back to top Go down

Post by 918soccer Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:21 pm

DA released their signing numbers. 1056 boys and girls signed from DA compared to 1157 girls from ECNL. That's a pretty big difference. Either way, both leagues are fantastic and offer slightly different benefits, but considerable advantages over other leagues in Oklahoma. It's time Oklahoma soccer stops playing club games and discouraging players from joining top leagues if we are going to improve soccer in our state.

http://www.ussoccerda.com/20180208-news-academy-players-sign-off-on-college-commitments-for-fall-2018

918soccer

Back to top Go down

Post by Knuckleball Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:40 pm

918soccer wrote:DA released their signing numbers. 1056 boys and girls signed from DA compared to 1157 girls from ECNL. That's a pretty big difference. Either way, both leagues are fantastic and offer slightly different benefits, but considerable advantages over other leagues in Oklahoma. It's time Oklahoma soccer really gets behind these leagues like the top soccer markets.

http://www.ussoccerda.com/20180208-news-academy-players-sign-off-on-college-commitments-for-fall-2018

I wonder how many of the DA girls were with ECNL last year? Also, you'd probably have to look at percentages as opposed to overall numbers and keeping in mind that DA should continue to grow. Also, it's my understanding that the older age groups, for the most part, stayed with ECNL since there isn't much of a reason to change a their age. I'd look at the younger groups in the next few years to get a better idea of the impact.

At this point I'm just looking for my DD to play good competition and keeping her interested in the game. 918 - I saw your comment on the other board (SRPL just as expensive as ECNL) and I agree with most of your comments (and yes I'm an Energy parent). Just haven't had my account approved on the other site yet.

Knuckleball

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down