Oklahoma Competitive Soccer Forum
The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help me grow the forum!
Ground breaking of new facility Pixel
Statistics
We have 466 registered users
The newest registered user is Drmorgan554

Our users have posted a total of 6876 messages in 411 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Ground breaking of new facility

+8
Yellowcard
04eastside
longball
Rainbow
Rico S
918soccer
ENERGYFC04
t-town05
12 posters

Go down

Ground breaking of new facility Empty Ground breaking of new facility

Post by t-town05 Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:39 pm

http://www.blitzunited.org/news_article/show/691967?referrer_id=844712

Great investment for all of Tulsa area athletes!
t-town05
t-town05

Back to top Go down

Ground breaking of new facility Empty Re: Ground breaking of new facility

Post by ENERGYFC04 Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:01 pm

This is great for Blitz.   Rumors are OKC is looking at something similar.  That said, i suspect it will take a least 2 years before its completed.

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by 918soccer Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:33 pm

This blitz press release is exactly why I have been so critical of blitz management. Instead of informing their members and the soccer community of the true nature of their "partnership" with Titan, which still would have been impressive, albeit to a lesser degree, they chose to embellish their benefits and risk upsetting their own members in 12 months when the complex is finished and the true nature of their partnership is revealed.

918soccer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico S Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:40 pm

918soccer wrote:This blitz press release is exactly why I have been so critical of blitz management. Instead of informing their members and the soccer community of the true nature of their "partnership" with Titan, which still would have been impressive, albeit to a lesser degree, they chose to embellish their benefits and risk upsetting their own members in 12 months when the complex is finished and the true nature of their partnership is revealed.

Sort of like TSC with "ECNL" Composite?

So don't tease us like that, what is the true nature of their partnership?

Rico S

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:58 pm

There is a difference here... TSCH over sold the ECNL Composite league based on what other ECNL clubs in Texas had agreed to do and went with it before ECNL gave their sign off.  The other ECNL club in Texas still wanted it so 75% of their games are just like what was planned under a different name with a few non ECNL Clubs to round out the league.  I personally believe if there was another month before tryouts then TSCH would've made sure ECNL signed off on it before presenting it but with the timing of tryouts they had to go with the best information they had at that time.

What Blitz did was just sell something that never existed.  They can make the excuse that they never really said anything untrue but they definitely implied something that is much greater than what they have done... they can hold a tournament at the complex if someone else is not already using it that weekend.  It is kind of the same relationship that they have with Broken Arrow on using ISSC or Tulsa for using Mohawk... they can probably even rent space for training as long as the space is not already rented.... kind of like Soccer City

Rainbow

Back to top Go down

Post by longball Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:09 pm

So one soccer club may have exaggerated something and another soccer club is mad about it. Shocking...next you will tell me we are arguing about who has the best 11 year old soccer team.

longball

Back to top Go down

Post by 04eastside Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:10 pm

918soccer wrote:This blitz press release is exactly why I have been so critical of blitz management. Instead of informing their members and the soccer community of the true nature of their "partnership" with Titan, which still would have been impressive, albeit to a lesser degree, they chose to embellish their benefits and risk upsetting their own members in 12 months when the complex is finished and the true nature of their partnership is revealed.

You have made it clear many times, you have a problem with Blitz management. Based on your posts, your not at Blitz, so is Blitz management really your problem? If i remember correctly, weren't you the same one that said to "quit hating" (and I'm paraphrasing) on TSC a while ago and worry about our own club. I get it, YOU CAN'T STAND BLITZ MANAGEMENT. Spend more time praising yours.

True nature of anything, seriously? Shouldn't TSC already have more practice space at alsuma? Shouldn't they be playing games and practicing at Tulsa United? How did the tryouts go at United? How's the "ECNL" Composite team? Which division of the Texas JDL league are the 04s in?

My point, Blitz isn't perfect and neither is TSC. If I'm wrong and you weren't the one basically telling us Blitz folks to worry about Blitz and not all the "great" things TSC was doing, i DO APOLOGIZE and would simply say, take that person's advice and worry about TSC management. Otherwise, take your own advice. Believe it or not some of us do like what's going on for our child at Blitz.

918SOCCER THINKS BLITZ MANAGEMENT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just so you don't have to keep repeating yourself.

04eastside

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico S Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:23 pm

Rainbow wrote:There is a difference here... TSCH over sold the ECNL Composite league based on what other ECNL clubs in Texas had agreed to do and went with it before ECNL gave their sign off.  The other ECNL club in Texas still wanted it so 75% of their games are just like what was planned under a different name with a few non ECNL Clubs to round out the league.  I personally believe if there was another month before tryouts then TSCH would've made sure ECNL signed off on it before presenting it but with the timing of tryouts they had to go with the best information they had at that time.

What Blitz did was just sell something that never existed.  They can make the excuse that they never really said anything untrue but they definitely implied something that is much greater than what they have done... they can hold a tournament at the complex if someone else is not already using it that weekend.  It is kind of the same relationship that they have with Broken Arrow on using ISSC or Tulsa for using Mohawk... they can probably even rent space for training as long as the space is not already rented.... kind of like Soccer City

I have no desire to defend Blitz here, as they have all sorts of issues, and no doubt they will exaggerate to make things look better. But TSC does the same thing. I understand the issue with ECNL composite, but still.....parents in that situation can't feel great about how that all went down.

I'm curious, how specifically is TSC's relationship with Titan different from Blitz? I assume that they will have to pay for field use as well? Is it just they had first dibs? A little birdie told me that the owner of the Titan complex was not terribly happy about TSC's big announcemnet making it look like it was for their exclusive use. But of course, rumors are just rumors. And frankly, I am not surprised by anything that happens in the soccer world anymore.

Rico S

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:34 pm

Rainbow wrote:There is a difference here... TSCH over sold the ECNL Composite league based on what other ECNL clubs in Texas had agreed to do and went with it before ECNL gave their sign off.  The other ECNL club in Texas still wanted it so 75% of their games are just like what was planned under a different name with a few non ECNL Clubs to round out the league.  I personally believe if there was another month before tryouts then TSCH would've made sure ECNL signed off on it before presenting it but with the timing of tryouts they had to go with the best information they had at that time.

Composite was a messed up deal but I have seen where the other clubs in Texas sold it the same way. I think they all thought it was a done deal and honestly it should have been. However, the Composite teams are still in a better league than SRPL would have been... Composite is going to play some very tough competition and get extra training that will only make them better. The parents I have talked to are all pretty good with the direction things ended up going in...
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by ENERGYFC04 Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:56 pm

So its bad to say that Blitz will get to use whereas TSC says they partnered in and its the future home....Just me or is everyone simply a lessor of the fields. They pay money to use the complex (i'm not an astute business man but i don't think you invest $6,000,000 without desiring a profit) and are subject to not use the complex should the owner desire.

http://www.tschurricane.com/home/923551.html

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by Roughneck04 Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:43 pm

So let me get this right. Over the last year TSC has lost several coaches to Blitz for not delivering on their word, they pump up a new ECNL Composite league and don't deliver on their word, and promise an exclusive partnership with Titan and don't deliver on their word. And after all of this "Blitz management" is the one that's exaggerating? Sorry, but the proof is already out there.

Please back away from the kool-aid before it gets too strong.

Roughneck04

Back to top Go down

Post by 918soccer Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:34 pm

My kids have been in both clubs and I have seen both clubs issues first hand. I know why more players and coaches leave Blitz for TSC.  There is a reason this happens and it won't improve until the reason is acknowledged and dealt with.

This press release speaks to that issue. What would you think in 12 months if Blitz isn't allowed to practice at the new complex and Blitz management knew about it prior to their press release? Would you still find fault with my original post or would you agree that the press release unnecessarily risks losing more people?

918soccer

Back to top Go down

Post by 04eastside Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:22 pm

I believe there is nothing I can say that will change opinions of a lot of people. One thing is for sure, just as Titan had a ground breaking service, that Blitz was invited to. They are also issueing a press release to welcome their new partners. I'll just keep my opinion to myself until then.

P.S. I saw and read the long messge Tendill sent out with the little emoji, implying Blitz just showed up for a photo. That's cool. Like i said you'll hear nothing else from me until Titan does their press release.

04eastside

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatorade95 Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:08 pm

04eastside wrote:

You have made it clear many times,  you have a problem with Blitz management.   Based on your posts, your not at Blitz,  so is Blitz management really your problem?  If i remember correctly,  weren't you the same one that said to "quit hating" (and I'm paraphrasing) on TSC a while ago and worry about our own club.   I get it,  YOU CAN'T STAND BLITZ MANAGEMENT.   Spend more time praising yours.

True nature of anything, seriously?  Shouldn't TSC already have more practice space at alsuma?  Shouldn't they be playing games and practicing at Tulsa United?  How did the tryouts go at United?  How's the "ECNL" Composite team?  Which division of the Texas JDL league are the 04s in?

My point, Blitz isn't perfect and neither is TSC.  If I'm wrong and you weren't the one basically telling us Blitz folks to worry about Blitz and not all the "great" things TSC was doing,  i DO APOLOGIZE and would simply say,  take that person's advice and worry about TSC management.   Otherwise,  take your own advice.  Believe it or not some of us do like what's going on for our child at Blitz.  

918SOCCER THINKS BLITZ MANAGEMENT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just so you don't have to keep repeating yourself.

You said it best, both clubs have issues and are not perfect. My kids have played for both and I played for TSC when I was a youth. I want the best coach for my kids and don't care which club it is. Whether they get to practice at Titan will not determine how good of a soccer player they will be. The best players are made in the backyard working on their own.

Gatorade95

Back to top Go down

Post by ENERGYFC04 Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:25 pm

All I can say is men in glass houses should not throw stones. TSC frankly has no room to throw stones at any club regarding marketing, deceptive marketing, misinformation, half truths and or jumping the gun.

TSC has a good club. I don't see why they constantly attack blitz if blitz is not a threat as they say. What you really need to be worrying about is Westside state joins more together!

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by TSC010405 Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:56 pm

I'm sure both clubs and others will be using this great new place for Tulsa. Don't think it matters who uses it when and who doesn't. It's good for the City and that includes all clubs I am sure. I don't see them turning away money. Can't we all just be happy to have a cool place like this in our city finally! It will all play out. Were over a year from it even being ready.

TSC010405

Back to top Go down

Ground breaking of new facility Empty agreed

Post by nat Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:04 pm

TSC010405 wrote:I'm sure both clubs and others will be using this great new place for Tulsa.  Don't think it matters who uses it when and who doesn't.  It's good for the City and that includes all clubs I am sure.  I don't see them turning away money.  Can't we all just be happy to have a cool place like this in our city finally!  It will all play out.  Were over a year from it even being ready.  

Could not agree more!!  

nat

Back to top Go down

Post by ENERGYFC04 Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:27 pm

TSC010405 wrote:I'm sure both clubs and others will be using this great new place for Tulsa.  Don't think it matters who uses it when and who doesn't.  It's good for the City and that includes all clubs I am sure.  I don't see them turning away money.  Can't we all just be happy to have a cool place like this in our city finally!  It will all play out.  Were over a year from it even being ready.    
crap. something else i agree with!

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum