Oklahoma Competitive Soccer Forum
The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help me grow the forum!
Things we learned from Labor Day tournaments Pixel
Statistics
We have 466 registered users
The newest registered user is Drmorgan554

Our users have posted a total of 6876 messages in 411 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Things we learned from Labor Day tournaments

+8
bulldawgs
sooner5
BUSTER1227
t-town05
Soccerkicks
canester2002
05GKdad_Tulsa
oksoccer
12 posters

Go down

Things we learned from Labor Day tournaments Empty Things we learned from Labor Day tournaments

Post by oksoccer Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:31 pm

06G
Kepley seems to still be top of class here, but still haven't seen much of others to compare.  
S. Lakes looks like they may have a team to challenge.  Lost in championship game in Plano silver division.
OK Arsenal play some 07s and claim championship at WSA Sleep

05G
NOKC is only OK team in Plano.  Didn't fare too well in Silver division.
Carreno playing up in weak WSA tournament gets championship.  But not any real impressive scores.
Blitz playing up at KC goes 1-1-1 in pool play.  Not a real solid showing.  

04G
Kitterman has decent showing vs very good competition in Plano, and without any guest players cheers .  Still look like team to beat.
OFC wins silver division at Plano with impressive 14-2 margin over 6 games.
Winters plays in gold division of Plano, probably better suited for silver.  
S. Lakes Cosmos has good showing in Plano going 3-2 and losing in semis of silver division.  Maybe sleeper team in 04s.
Blitz???  Takes weekend off. scratch

Amos, Clinton and NYSA struggle in Plano playing 11v11 in silver.
TSC Harding loses in silver championship in KC to a Metro Tulsa Soccer Club team.  

Thoughts?

oksoccer

Back to top Go down

Things we learned from Labor Day tournaments Empty Re: Things we learned from Labor Day tournaments

Post by 05GKdad_Tulsa Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:01 pm

06g Kepley hands down best relative to others in age bracket. There may be other great players out there, but not on same team like this one. 06g SLSC MAY be closing the gap, but it's still a huge gap.

05g is a muddle at the top...need to see some competition vs one another after all the changes in this age group.

04g has Kitterman at top (so long as they stay at a healthy 13), then OFC/Blitz. Winters & Cosmos good teams that can win on any given day, but over the grind of a long season will fight it out for 4th. Amos & NYSA demonstrated in Plano why they are playing 8v8 this year...may be long season ahead for Harding & Clinton based on results.
05GKdad_Tulsa
05GKdad_Tulsa

Back to top Go down

Things we learned from Labor Day tournaments Empty Re: Things we learned from Labor Day tournaments

Post by canester2002 Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:15 pm

To be fair to Harding, that MTSC team has some talented girls that includes some girls who were formerly on Kitterman's team. Only need a few difference makers in 8v8.

canester2002

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerkicks Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:56 am

What you learn from weekends like Plano is if you played gold in Plano your team tested themselves against the best of the best. If you won games in silver and bronze brackets in Plano it can give you a false sense of how good you are. If you won games this weekend at Tsc and Wsa you probably beat kids wearing crocks and jean shorts so you really don't know how good you are. Lol

Soccerkicks

Back to top Go down

Post by t-town05 Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:41 pm

Agree with 05s being toss up at this point. Will probably have to wait until Blitz tournament to get another comparison of teams. Hopefully all of the states top competitive 05s and 06s show up for this tournament.

04s get to start OPL this weekend! Should be fun.

Can agree MTSC team is very competitive '04 8v8 team.

I agree that playing gold in Plano is best of best, but making semis or finals in silver is still very nice accomplishment.
t-town05
t-town05

Back to top Go down

Post by BUSTER1227 Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:36 pm

That was the NOKC "White" team that played in Plano. Seemed it was a tough transition to 11 V 11 for them. I heard the NOKC Red has a friendly with 05 Carreno this Sat.

BUSTER1227

Back to top Go down

Post by sooner5 Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:30 pm

What time and where is friendly being played?

sooner5

Back to top Go down

Post by bulldawgs Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:54 pm

Last I heard it was at ISSC (Broken Arrow) at 4pm.

bulldawgs

Back to top Go down

Post by 05GKdad_Tulsa Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:14 am

I show game at 11 on my schedule...the game @ 4 is vs the tsc navy team (assume this is a combination of 1s & 2s).
05GKdad_Tulsa
05GKdad_Tulsa

Back to top Go down

Post by ousoccer Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:24 pm

I know that some nokc players wont make the trip in each age group this time, and some of the 06 boys are playing up with the 05's this weekend. 05 girls Nokc won the majority of the games against everybody last year but it was never by very much, advantage here goes to OFC with ESC girls being equally as good. Not much competition in Oklahoma in 06 girls for TSC. I think many at different clubs still play up. WIll have to travel to test themselves. I know nothing about 07 and 08s. Does anybody else have friendlies with other clubs TSC/Blitz norman/southlakes NOKC/edm?

ousoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by 05GKdad_Tulsa Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:02 pm

In the past, Blitz has done friendlies with the club out of Arkansas. Not sure if they still do that.

TSC, WSA and Norman used to do friendlies in years past; however it was one-sided as Norman would never come east.
05GKdad_Tulsa
05GKdad_Tulsa

Back to top Go down

Post by ousoccer Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:07 pm

Not understanding east side soccer that much, why doesn't TSC and Blitz do friendlies with each other? Seems like most age groups would be good matches. I know they are probably not the best of friends but at least on west side at least most coaches and clubs put aside their pride for quality games against other clubs.

ousoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by 05GKdad_Tulsa Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:19 pm

Quite a few of the teams do so on their own "under the table".

In my view as a parent of two TSCH players, neither club wants to be seen as helping the other out.
05GKdad_Tulsa
05GKdad_Tulsa

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunners006 Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:48 pm

004tulsa wrote:Quite a few of the teams do so on their own "under the table".

In my view as a parent of two TSCH players, neither club wants to be seen as helping the other out.
That sounds about right and another reason is the teams think they will lose players to one another!!!

Gunners006

Back to top Go down

Post by longball Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:46 pm

oksoccer wrote:TSC Harding loses in silver championship in KC to a Metro Tulsa Soccer Club team.

Do rec teams get USYSA cards? I am curious how this rec team played in a competitive tournament? Maybe Kansas has different rules? Anybody know?

longball

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico S Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:52 pm

uplaylikeagirl wrote:
oksoccer wrote:06G
TSC Harding loses in silver championship in KC to a Metro Tulsa Soccer Club team.  
Thoughts?

Do rec teams get USYSA cards? I am curious how this rec team played in a competitive tournament? Maybe Kansas has different rules? Anybody know?

Yes.. it is my understanding that rec teams are registered through USYS. Also, I think most Club academy teams are registered under US Club, which allows kids to play both academy and rec at the same time.

Rico S

Back to top Go down

Post by canester2002 Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:31 pm

Here's OSA's info on rec teams requesting to play in competitive leagues.  Interesting.

http://www.oksoccer.com/assets/pdfs/Guidelines_for_Rec_Select_in_Competitive_Leagues.pdf

canester2002

Back to top Go down

Post by bulldawgs Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:54 pm

Rec teams playing in competitive leagues but keeping rec status. That is a new one to me. Good info, thanks. Any examples of teams doing this?

bulldawgs

Back to top Go down

Post by longball Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:01 pm

So we need to find ourselves a good coach who will work for free. Then we can have the best of both worlds. But better hope the "committee" is not made up of Club officials. Doubt they would vote a rec team up to a competivie league.

longball

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down