Oklahoma Competitive Soccer Forum
The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help me grow the forum!
Opl predictions  - Page 4 Pixel
Statistics
We have 466 registered users
The newest registered user is Drmorgan554

Our users have posted a total of 6876 messages in 411 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Opl predictions

+20
04Bonosfan
canester2002
FUBAR
The Soccer 1%
Soonerdad04
Roughneck04
soccerschmuck
04eastside
t-town05
sooner5
ENERGYFC04
Oakie75
uwishunew
Justfirkix
oksoccer
Bigbadwolf
SSD2004
yoyokix
bird04
cosmos04
24 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Opl predictions  - Page 4 Empty Re: Opl predictions

Post by Soonerdad04 Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:28 pm

Who is doing the scheduling for the state tourneys? I was looking at president cup make up games and OKC teams have to travel to mowhak park on Wednesday and Thursday nights next week and play 6:45 games..

Soonerdad04

Back to top Go down

Post by 04Bonosfan Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:23 pm

Soonerdad04, I would love to know also since that schedule for make ups is unrealistic to be in Tulsa at for 615-645 games on Wed, especially with the fore casted weather is looking to be severe.
04Bonosfan
04Bonosfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:05 pm

I am just glad some of the teams (President's Cup teams) get to play in Tulsa.... How many years has state cup been in the OKC area over the last 5 years............

Rainbow

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:02 am

Too many that's for sure... Don't worry about those Griffin kids guesting next year! They are all going ECNL from what I hear! Lol
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:03 pm

Yellowcard wrote:Too many that's for sure...  Don't worry about those Griffin kids guesting next year!  They are all going ECNL from what I hear!  Lol

That's what I hear, too...Griffin 03's, that is, at least most of 'em......Pretty sure the Griffin 04 team next Fall will play in OPL 04 age group so as to be eligible for SRPL....no one wants to have happen to their team what happened to Beattie 'cuz they played up...that was a screw job, if there ever was one...So you're right in that there won't be any current Griffin's guesting in OPL Gold 04 next year...

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by The Soccer 1% Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:39 pm

What screw job happened to Beattie?

The Soccer 1%

Back to top Go down

Post by TSCSOCCERDAD Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:04 pm

The Soccer 1% wrote:Why very good teams use guest players in league play is beyond me. WTH?
I think clubs should use every means at their exposal to win/recruit no matter the event. However, I do have a problem with teams taking on "ringers" and then playing them 60 minutes over players that are rostered on that team. If my DD is on a team and goes to all practices/games and a non-rostered player plays 60min and she gets 15min I completely disagree with that. Hurts your team in the long run. They should be used as subs.

TSCSOCCERDAD

Back to top Go down

Post by The Soccer 1% Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:29 pm

TSCSOCCERDAD wrote:
The Soccer 1% wrote:Why very good teams use guest players in league play is beyond me.  WTH?
I think clubs should use every means at their exposal to win/recruit no matter the event. However, I do have a problem with teams taking on "ringers" and then playing them 60 minutes over players that are rostered on that team. If my DD is on a team and goes to all practices/games and a non-rostered player plays 60min and she gets 15min I completely disagree with that. Hurts your team in the long run. They should be used as subs.

You, sir, are an example of why there needs to be an enforceable rule to keep rules designed to make clubs flexible and able to develop players from being used to win at all costs. Bringing guest players down from the upper divisions and the Gold division to play in Silver division and OCL league games should simply not be allowed. As long as we leave the rule for "development" it will be abused by some (like you) to make their team more competitive against teams that they're being compared against in league play. If you want to develop kids, bring them from below and play them up.

The Soccer 1%

Back to top Go down

Post by ENERGYFC04 Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:24 pm

TSCSOCCERDAD wrote:
The Soccer 1% wrote:Why very good teams use guest players in league play is beyond me.  WTH?

This is the mentality that is eating away at youth soccer. "Clubs should use every means at the disposal to win/recruit no matter the event..." Your comment is club centric for the benefit of a particular business model versus being kid centric. Like it or not, 95% of kids will not play beyond high school. We cannot allow adults to eat away and destroy kids and clubs. Adults, money and business interests cannot be allowed to trump fun, development and diversity of the sport.

I do agree with your comment on playing time of guest players.

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatorade95 Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:24 pm

Adults, money and business interests cannot be allowed to trump fun, development and diversity of the sport.  

100% agree, the kids gotta have fun. They need to have passion for the game. If they have passion then it will be fun and they will want to practice and learn about the game. I have played soccer all my life because I still at 39 have that passion. Even playing at a collegiate level I had passion.

If the kids got passion the rest will come.

Gatorade95

Back to top Go down

Post by ENERGYFC04 Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:28 pm

Agreed.

This is why i get frustrated when TSC tries it tactics to take over Blitz and the other games in the state. I think its a huge disservice to limit the options of kids. TSC is right for some kids whereas Blitz is right for others.

That said i don't think it would hurt Blitz to combine with another club. Same with SLSC and Norman. That said, these kids need some diversity in choices.

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4