Oklahoma Competitive Soccer Forum
The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help me grow the forum!
Energy FC and OFC Agree to Groundbreaking Partnership Pixel
Statistics
We have 466 registered users
The newest registered user is Drmorgan554

Our users have posted a total of 6876 messages in 411 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Energy FC and OFC Agree to Groundbreaking Partnership

+10
The Soccer 1%
04eastside
TSCSOCCERDAD
sooner5
Rainbow
ENERGYFC04
05GKdad_Tulsa
redcard
Roughneck04
NeverPlayedSoccer
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Energy FC and OFC Agree to Groundbreaking Partnership Empty Energy FC and OFC Agree to Groundbreaking Partnership

Post by NeverPlayedSoccer Tue May 31, 2016 2:12 am

Anyone else see this?

http://www.energyfc.com/uncategorized/ofc-and-energy-fc-agree-to-groundbreaking-partnership/

Can somebody that knows soccer please explain this to me.  What type of impact if any will this have on soccer on the west side or in the state?

Thanks!

NeverPlayedSoccer

Back to top Go down

Energy FC and OFC Agree to Groundbreaking Partnership Empty Re: Energy FC and OFC Agree to Groundbreaking Partnership

Post by Roughneck04 Tue May 31, 2016 2:19 am

This is one of the first steps to establishing DA recognition. It's supposed to bring a better level of training to their coaches and creates a direct route for players to enter professional soccer through an established youth academy.

Roughneck04

Back to top Go down

Energy FC and OFC Agree to Groundbreaking Partnership Empty Re: Energy FC and OFC Agree to Groundbreaking Partnership

Post by NeverPlayedSoccer Tue May 31, 2016 2:23 am

What is DA recognition?

NeverPlayedSoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by Roughneck04 Tue May 31, 2016 2:27 am

Development Academy (DA) is the officially recognized route to the US men's and women's national teams. Currently, it just applies to the men's side, but it will start for the girls in August 2017. It already the highest level of youth soccer for boys and will surpass ECNL as the highest level of girl's soccer next year.

http://www.ussoccerda.com/overview

OFC still has to apply and get accepted, which is no easy feat and is not guaranteed. However, it looks like they're going for it and that's good news for the westside of Oklahoma.

Roughneck04

Back to top Go down

Post by NeverPlayedSoccer Tue May 31, 2016 2:35 am

Thank you so much for all the info. Is there a club on the east side that is going for it?

NeverPlayedSoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by Roughneck04 Tue May 31, 2016 2:41 am

TSC will probably go for it too. But I haven't seen the signs yet. TSC already has Elite Club National League which is currently the highest level of girls' soccer available in the US. In fact, TSC is the only club in Oklahoma currently accepted into ECNL. OFC has been trying to get into ECNL for years and TSC always seems to block their petition (or so the rumors go).

It'll be a slug fest between the two to try to get DA recognition. Oklahoma is only big enough for maybe one club, if any, to get it and it'll be a BIG deal if someone gets in.

Roughneck04

Back to top Go down

Post by NeverPlayedSoccer Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Would it really be that big of a deal? TSC being in the ECNL doesn't really affect the west side (OFC seems to win their fair share of State Cups), so if OFC got it on the west side I wouldn't think it would impact the east side, would it? It just seems like something to brag about to me. I am still trying to figure out all this soccer stuff, it's so foreign to me.

NeverPlayedSoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by redcard Tue May 31, 2016 3:06 am

The TSCH teams in State Cup are 2nd and lower teams. The Ecnl teams do not participate in State Cup

redcard

Back to top Go down

Post by NeverPlayedSoccer Tue May 31, 2016 3:18 am

I did not know that. So what do they play in?

NeverPlayedSoccer

Back to top Go down

Energy FC and OFC Agree to Groundbreaking Partnership Empty Never see these girls again (unless playing against in HS)

Post by 05GKdad_Tulsa Tue May 31, 2016 4:05 am

NeverPlayedSoccer wrote:I did not know that.  So what do they play in?

ECNL
05GKdad_Tulsa
05GKdad_Tulsa

Back to top Go down

Post by ENERGYFC04 Tue May 31, 2016 1:54 pm

This will be interesting. I assume OFC will go after the DA and have the ECNL as a backup. Lots of money will be coming in.

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Tue May 31, 2016 2:05 pm

How is this different (ie "groundbreaking") than the affiliation that Blitz has with the Roughnecks?

http://www.blitzunited.org/page/show/1686197-tulsa-roughnecks-fc

Rainbow

Back to top Go down

Post by ENERGYFC04 Tue May 31, 2016 2:12 pm

Rainbow wrote:How is this different (ie "groundbreaking") than the affiliation that Blitz has with the Roughnecks?

http://www.blitzunited.org/page/show/1686197-tulsa-roughnecks-fc
To describe this as an "affiliation" is inaccurate. Think how FC Dallas has set up their youth program and speculate that this the model this will copy (obviously different leagues). My gut feeling says this drives SLSC and Norman to combine (peer speculation). 2017 shall be interesting.

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by sooner5 Tue May 31, 2016 2:20 pm

Norman is doing a partnership with Celtic F.C. from Glasgow, Scotland. Both boys and girls starting next fall will be Celtic.

sooner5

Back to top Go down

Post by ENERGYFC04 Tue May 31, 2016 2:21 pm

Ha well maybe i'm wrong. Still could see this pushing things that way.

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by TSCSOCCERDAD Tue May 31, 2016 2:28 pm

TSC had affiliation with Sporting KC for years and nothing ever came of it. However, OFC have a better boys side so maybe they can break through

TSCSOCCERDAD

Back to top Go down

Post by 04eastside Tue May 31, 2016 3:03 pm

In think difference is, i believe Energy is actually going to be the club, not just affiliation. I believe name change is even in the works. Don't know if ultimately it would matter, but bit just affiliation.

04eastside

Back to top Go down

Post by The Soccer 1% Tue May 31, 2016 3:23 pm

04eastside wrote:In think difference is,  i believe Energy is actually going to be the club,  not just affiliation.  I believe name change is even in the works. Don't know if ultimately it would matter,  but bit just affiliation.
I've seen that coming down the pipe for a while. I was just curious if Energy was going to be a start up or if they were going to merge with OFC/SLC/etc.

The Soccer 1%

Back to top Go down

Post by redcard Tue May 31, 2016 4:12 pm

They play in the Ecnl then Nationals

redcard

Back to top Go down

Post by NeverPlayedSoccer Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:05 am

So the two best Oklahoma clubs' first teams don't square off for any type of state title? No offense, but that is pretty frustrating don't you think? Why don't the two clubs have their own end of year head to head? That seems like it would be fun for the state, kids, parents and I'm sure coaches...

NeverPlayedSoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by Keeper Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:10 am

They play in all age groups on the boys side. The girls side they only play at the younger ages. The energy have the pro level and U23 team. Does this deal create a new team, or is this deal just in case they get an academy level team down the road?? Does this do anything in the short term? Does the energys affiliation not with Fc Dallas come into play?

Keeper

Back to top Go down

Post by The Soccer 1% Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:40 pm

I figure this to be FC Dallas lite.

The Soccer 1%

Back to top Go down

Post by TSC010405 Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:45 pm

This sounds like a great opportunity for the Westsiders. OFC and OSA becoming even more intertwined with each other. I don't see a conflict of interest at all (sarcasm). I would think the other clubs like NYSA, SLSC would not appreciate this kind of a release that includes OSA partnering with another club. And yes I know its OFC and Energy FC but the release mentions OSA numerous times as well. If I was in the OKC area I would definitely bring my kid to OFC. They have a direct path to being professional players now.

TSC010405

Back to top Go down

Post by Keeper Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:29 am

It seems like Tsc has the girls side locked down in OK and now OFC is making a play to lock down the boys side in OK.

Keeper

Back to top Go down

Post by NeverPlayedSoccer Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:19 am

Keeper, just wondering why you say TSC has the girls side locked down...are you going by state cups? Also for those that said the top TSC teams that play ECNL that don't play in the State Cup, how many of the players on those teams play down on another TSC team that isn't ECNL? I would just assume this happened, but maybe it doesn't. Any TSCers out there have info on whether or not ECNL players play in the State Cup even though their teams don't?

NeverPlayedSoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next