Oklahoma Competitive Soccer Forum
The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help me grow the forum!
Energy FC and OFC Agree to Groundbreaking Partnership - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 466 registered users
The newest registered user is Drmorgan554

Our users have posted a total of 6876 messages in 411 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Energy FC and OFC Agree to Groundbreaking Partnership

+10
The Soccer 1%
04eastside
TSCSOCCERDAD
sooner5
Rainbow
ENERGYFC04
05GKdad_Tulsa
redcard
Roughneck04
NeverPlayedSoccer
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Energy FC and OFC Agree to Groundbreaking Partnership - Page 2 Empty Re: Energy FC and OFC Agree to Groundbreaking Partnership

Post by Keeper Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:18 am

Good points maybe it's up for debate. I wasn't aware that ecnl players played in state cup. It was a blind statement to the point that they have ecnl so they can offer something that nobody else can. Other than ofc 01. Is there another ofc group that could compete with Tsc's ecnl teams?

Keeper

Back to top Go down

Energy FC and OFC Agree to Groundbreaking Partnership - Page 2 Empty Re: Energy FC and OFC Agree to Groundbreaking Partnership

Post by NeverPlayedSoccer Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:50 pm

I have no idea. I know we (OFC 05) played Careno twice (11v11) splitting the two games, then won state cup playing 8v8 vs a TSC team. Unless teams play each other, it's pure speculation if one is better than the other in my book. I still think it's a shame the best teams don't play each other in the state. That just doesn't make sense to me. At least why not schedule some friendlies or something?

It is important to note that our coach is very clear that during the year, both games and practices are all about development. The only time he coaches to win is the state cups. Which I totally agree with. Who starts and how playing time is determined is completely different when we get to the state cup. Even in the name of development, I think the best teams should play each other. I know it would make us better to play better teams.

NeverPlayedSoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by Keeper Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:35 pm

When you guys played TSC or in tough games during the season, everybody played the same amount? Your best players sat out as much as the bottom 2 or 3 three so they could develop just as well as the top 3. You have a great coach or that's just coach talk.

Keeper

Back to top Go down

Post by NeverPlayedSoccer Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:43 pm

You are correct. His goal is to play everyone equal that is on that roster. Of course injuries and limited rosters affect that. We were only allowed a 14 person roster playing 11v11 and had a couple injuries throughout the season so for most of the season we only had 2 subs. He isn't just talk. He really is about development. You could clearly see a difference in playing time and how he coached from the sidelines in State Cup. It took the girls a few games to get used to the differences and to be honest, some of them played a lot tighter because if they made mistakes, they came out. Our girls never worry about that during the season. He uses mistakes to teach and instruct. I think we have an amazing coach.

NeverPlayedSoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmos04 Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:31 am

H

Last edited by cosmos04 on Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : no good)

cosmos04

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmos04 Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:32 am

She's a ap 04 though

cosmos04

Back to top Go down

Post by NeverPlayedSoccer Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:55 am

I highly doubt that had anything to do with it. Anyone watching the game could see he was playing the girls that gave us the best chance to win. My daughter got yanked when she screwed up. He was playing the girls that were playing the best that day.

cosmos, were you at the game?

NeverPlayedSoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmos04 Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:04 am

Yeah y'all played good

cosmos04

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmos04 Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:04 am

Congrats on y'all win u guys will be tough team to beat.

cosmos04

Back to top Go down

Post by NeverPlayedSoccer Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:29 am

Thanks! Playing 9v9 all year then playing it in State Cup will be a welcome change from last year. I'm sure there are teams all over the state like ours that lost regular faces and gained new ones. It will be year one for the majority of teams all over. Should be fun. Good luck!!!

NeverPlayedSoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmos04 Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:41 am

Thanks u too

cosmos04

Back to top Go down

Post by 918soccer Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:33 am

NeverPlayedSoccer wrote:So the two best Oklahoma clubs' first teams don't square off for any type of state title?  No offense, but that is pretty frustrating don't you think?  Why don't the two clubs have their own end of year head to head?  That seems like it would be fun for the state, kids, parents and I'm sure coaches...

Looks like you got your wish neverplayedsoccer, the 04 and 05 JR ECNL teams at TSCH have decided to play OPL next season. Should be a good match between 05 Beattie and OFC.

918soccer

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmos04 Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:16 pm

Awesome were looking forward to playing the 04 group should be a very good matchup.

cosmos04

Back to top Go down

Post by NeverPlayedSoccer Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:08 pm

Awesome! I think that is best for all clubs. You have to play the best to be the best. Iron sharpens iron and all that! Now if one team is just blowing everybody out, then I don't think that helps anyone but if there is good competition then players get better. Good luck! It will be fun!

NeverPlayedSoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by NeverPlayedSoccer Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:55 pm

Another article on the partnership between The Energy and OFC...

Energy FC Leading Soccer’s Growth in Sooner State

NeverPlayedSoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2