Oklahoma Competitive Soccer Forum
The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help me grow the forum!
04 Girls Hotlist (Players to watch) - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 466 registered users
The newest registered user is Drmorgan554

Our users have posted a total of 6876 messages in 411 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

04 Girls Hotlist (Players to watch)

+17
oksoccer
itsyouthsoccer
Tar Heel
FUBAR
SSD2004
04eastside
OFC04DAD
upper90
Sparky
ENERGYFC04
Gunners006
t-town05
letthekidsplay
05GKdad_Tulsa
bird04
cosmos04
archer
21 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

04 Girls Hotlist (Players to watch) - Page 2 Empty Re: 04 Girls Hotlist (Players to watch)

Post by ENERGYFC04 Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:52 am

Archer. Apologies for the intensity. Ever since my release from Griffin Memorial i have been working on coping techniques regarding rage. My sponsor suggested tonight that I write a detailed response and so i had to follow orders. Plus writing and Jack Daniels probably don't mix.

Unfortunately, marriage and daughters (plural) keeps me on the perpetual slide toward permanent insanity not to mention those crazy soccer parents.

As to the game being fun are you serious? 10 year old girl soccer is not fun! We want to crush the opponents. If they are having fun they are not working hard enough. I will of course give my daughter her game day concoction of raw meat, egg whites, human growth hormones and a smidgen of testosterone in the morning for her game.

Again, bunch of losers up this late on a message board. Cool Fortunately, i'm not one of them as i lie here studying game tape with my daughter that was smuggled in by an OFC parent today. While the film was expensive it is well worth it.

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

04 Girls Hotlist (Players to watch) - Page 2 Empty Re: 04 Girls Hotlist (Players to watch)

Post by cosmos04 Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:34 am

Thanks for having us over to watch that game tape. It was a great rugby match, lol.

cosmos04

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:03 pm

SLSC04 wrote:I’ve always been told in a debate to acknowledge what you agree upon.    Accordingly, let me give you props in that you correctly identified my gender assuming of course the term “fella” is gender specific to a male.

With the above acknowledged, I must next apologize.  I assume the misunderstanding to be directly correlated to my uneducated and obviously poor writing.   Further, I’m a SW OKC person writing on a message board on a Saturday night and I suspect my knowledge of soccer is obviously lacking when compared to others on this board.  So please, accept my apologies and kindly allow me the opportunity to better articulate my obvious ignorance.  

Whew.  I think the most succinct way to articulate what I was trying to say is with the following statement.  “SOCCER PARENTS ARE CRAZY.”  

First, if your not a parent or have some relation to a child or parent on a team please forgive me for calling you crazy and please PM with your name and number as I would like to call the authorities with your information so that they can properly congratulate you for your patronage of 10 year old girls soccer.

Now back to my points.  I apparently failed with my poor vernacular.  So let me try again.   I was in no way suggesting that a drop kick by the left back (you state goalie so I assume you meant a drop kick) as a good play.   What I was suggesting is whether a parent would notice the left back make a touch to the outside, cross it over to the center mid’s feet at the right pace and angle which in turn allows the center mid to play it through to the forward who makes a beautiful strike for a goal.  

My experience with youth soccer has led me to conclude the following regarding the above analogy.   First, 10 of 16 parents on an 11 v 11 team will yell for the fast forward and congratulate them for the goal.   5 of 16 will holler out to the center mid who played the ball through.   Maybe 1 lost soul in the wilderness will congratulate the left back.  

Assuming we have the 6% who yelled for the left back (not because they heard another parent do it) maybe this rating system is doable. However, even if we are that 6%, there is still a problem.  All the above occurred on our child’s team.   As a parent, our attention is tuned highly to our child.  We see every move they make.  Next, we see the moves of teammates (for good or bad) as they of course can contribute to our child’s team wining or losing.  

Now as it pertains to the opposing team, we rarely are truly watching what the other team is doing and more importantly who the better players are.     We might see whom the other teams fastest player is or what player made an aggressive play on the ball.    However, we are not watching the intricacies of the other team to know who is truly doing what for them.  

I believe what we will find out is 70% of those who are identified in this thread will not be a top player on any team in 4 years.  The fast players won’t be as fast and most girls get aggressive toward the ball as they age.  

Also, we as Oklahomans (and Americans) have a psychological issue as well.   I’ve read many articles discussing soccer in America.   The biggest problem is parents want goals.   We recognize the flashy player or the one who scores.    We like the baseball player who hits a homerun and celebrate him regardless that he struck out 4 times and left 6 men on base.   We love the Amare Stoudemires who score a lot but don’t play a lick of defense.   We care nothing for the Thabo (not Thabo from last year).   Also, that’s why we never truly appreciated a Tony Gwynn or Karl Malone and John Stockton.  They just weren’t flashy enough.

We love the scorers.  The freak athletes.    In other words, we will naturally be drawn to those most physically gifted regardless of skill.  This is because of our predilection for those types of athletes and the fact we have not watched opposing teams enough to truly know who their better players are.   We will notice who gets to the ball first or other such aggressive items.   We will not notice some of the simple things that make a great player and enables us to objectively rate them.

Speaking of objectivity, can anyone on here really be objective.  Everyone likes different types of players.  Secondly, we are biased.  Thirdly, how can we objectively evaluate based upon a game.  Do we know if the kids got enough sleep?  If they had to compensate for other kids?  Are they sleeping?  Keep going with the arugments against standardized testing.  

Again, I’m cynical.   I’m a CRAZY parent as my love of my daughter supersedes all my rational thought.  I believe whole-heartedly she will be the best player in the state at her position.   That said, I don’t trust anyone other that good licensed coaches to be able to truly evaluate her.  

Now if you have taken the time to read this.  Get a life.   Geez it’s a Saturday night.   Losers.   lol.   (For those without a sense of humor this is called self depravation).   Enjoy this thread.  I know I will.  I never said crazy is not fun to watch.  

Now, that's what I'm talking about!

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmos04 Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:26 pm

Winters- keeper was fantastic
14- strong player who won a lot of balls in the middle, u have to keep her marked as well because she can strike from 30 and in.
10- forward with speed and can finish.

cosmos04

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:47 pm

What was score?

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmos04 Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:14 pm

3-1 winters

cosmos04

Back to top Go down

Post by OFC04DAD Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:04 am

What a game. Blitz #1 and #3 watch out for these two. They are lightning fast with the ball and skilz like nobodys business. Even though you only scored on penalty kicks...your best striker vs our goalie,good game well fought.lol seriously thanks for having us.
OFC04DAD
OFC04DAD

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmos04 Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:19 am

Ofcdad04- well yall better get use to those penalty kicks, that's the downfall of playing a rugby style soccer match.

cosmos04

Back to top Go down

Post by 04eastside Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:25 am

Agree with ofc04dad, great game. Just quick correction. 1 free kick and 1 penalty kick. Each by seperate players. Good physical game to watch.

04eastside

Back to top Go down

Post by 05GKdad_Tulsa Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:06 am

Heard that same girl was fouled for both penalties.
05GKdad_Tulsa
05GKdad_Tulsa

Back to top Go down

Post by OFC04DAD Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:58 am

Cosmos04 let more people on your team know about forum. The east side seems to have a lot more to say. We need good representation from the west. No fun if it's just a couple parents.
OFC04DAD
OFC04DAD

Back to top Go down

Post by SSD2004 Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:29 pm

I have been lurking awhile - I am a SLSC parent. I thought Winters played like they wanted it more yesterday. Both teams had some good shot opportunities but Winters capitalized where as SLSC did not. As a parent, I would love to play a team like Winters every week......teams seemed pretty evenly matched.

I am hearing there is a rugby scrum this Saturday at 1:00 in NOKC. Can anyone confirm?

SSD2004

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmos04 Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:24 pm

Confirmed

cosmos04

Back to top Go down

Post by OFC04DAD Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:08 pm

OFC can play skill/speed/and physical. Just depends on what the other teams bring to the field. Then we address it decisively and without reservation. If we do come into contact with your players don't panic, it's called soccer.
OFC04DAD
OFC04DAD

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmos04 Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:11 pm

Feel free to come into contact with 24,1,12 and 22, they kind of like that kind of play.

cosmos04

Back to top Go down

Post by SSD2004 Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:17 pm

OFC04DAD wrote:OFC can play skill/speed/and physical. Just depends on what the other teams bring to the field. Then we address it decisively and without reservation. If we do come into contact with your players don't panic, it's called soccer.

We? You're not suiting up are you?

I may have to reassess 10 year soccer if intense parents can suit up!

SSD2004

Back to top Go down

Post by OFC04DAD Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:30 pm

Wow. You got me good. Silly silly.
OFC04DAD
OFC04DAD

Back to top Go down

Post by FUBAR Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:29 pm

Rugby? Did I hear there was a rugby match in OKC this weekend? I love rugby

FUBAR

Back to top Go down

Post by SSD2004 Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:54 pm

OFC04DAD wrote:Wow. You got me good. Silly silly.

Just messing with you. I do the same thing all the time....

SSD2004

Back to top Go down

Post by archer Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:03 pm

As luck would have it I will be down at my sisters this Saturday. It would be weird twist of fate if I happened to be by NOKC around 1;00. I hear there may be a rugby match.

archer

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmos04 Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:26 am

Ofc- fullback number 7 very fast and very physical, whatever side she is on she shuts down. Very impressed

cosmos04

Back to top Go down

Post by OFC04DAD Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:46 pm

SLSC team /25 center mid, 24 centerback, 23 outside mid/forward, goalie. Were definately impact players who made a difference in game. Very good. I will keep you posted on OFC tryout date.lol
OFC04DAD
OFC04DAD

Back to top Go down

Post by OFC04DAD Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:18 pm

OK did anyone see # 13 From Kansas team this weekend? That is a kid someone needs to recruit for Oklahoma.
OFC04DAD
OFC04DAD

Back to top Go down

Post by Tar Heel Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:03 pm

The one that got a yellow card for yelling at the ref twice? The one that ignored wide open players so that she could take on 3 players at a time? No thank you.

Yes she was very skilled, needs to work on teamwork and attitude IMHO.
Tar Heel
Tar Heel

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:06 pm

Agreed. I do think that eventually she'll make the transition to 11v11 and be quite good, but she's got some work to do! Both Kitterman and Blitz shut her down, BLitz by marking her and Kitterman by good D up and down the entire midfield. Twice. Better the second time, with sick girls, I might add. So, I can think of others that are more deserving of mention from the tourney.

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next