Oklahoma Competitive Soccer Forum
The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help me grow the forum!
04 Girls Hotlist (Players to watch) - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 466 registered users
The newest registered user is Drmorgan554

Our users have posted a total of 6876 messages in 411 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

04 Girls Hotlist (Players to watch)

+17
oksoccer
itsyouthsoccer
Tar Heel
FUBAR
SSD2004
04eastside
OFC04DAD
upper90
Sparky
ENERGYFC04
Gunners006
t-town05
letthekidsplay
05GKdad_Tulsa
bird04
cosmos04
archer
21 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

04 Girls Hotlist (Players to watch) - Page 3 Empty Re: 04 Girls Hotlist (Players to watch)

Post by cosmos04 Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:38 pm

Tar Heel wrote:The one that got a yellow card for yelling at the ref twice?  The one that ignored wide open players so that she could take on 3 players at a time? No thank you.  

Yes she was very skilled, needs to work on teamwork and attitude IMHO.
She would fit right in with Ofc Very Happy

cosmos04

Back to top Go down

04 Girls Hotlist (Players to watch) - Page 3 Empty Re: 04 Girls Hotlist (Players to watch)

Post by FUBAR Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:12 am

# 22 from the cosmos- good foot work and great speed.

FUBAR

Back to top Go down

Post by itsyouthsoccer Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:10 pm

#22 on Cosmos is good.  Great foot skills and speed.  Probably the standout player on that team.  

Last edited by itsyouthsoccer on Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

itsyouthsoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by oksoccer Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:58 pm

This is what's wrong with this thread. We shouldn't be singling out 11 year old girls in the negative.

oksoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:31 pm

oksoccer wrote:This is what's wrong with this thread.  We shouldn't be singling out 11 year old girls in the negative.
I agree...Keep it positive. The ones that standout deserve recognition, that's all well and very good, IMHO. The ones that act out will make their own troubles in the end. No need to add to them. They are little girls still and have a lot of life lessons to learn. They'll do this just fine on their own.

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by itsyouthsoccer Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:46 pm

bird04 wrote:
oksoccer wrote:This is what's wrong with this thread.  We shouldn't be singling out 11 year old girls in the negative.
I agree...Keep it positive. The ones that standout deserve recognition, that's all well and very good, IMHO. The ones that act out will make their own troubles in the end. No need to add to them. They are little girls still and have a lot of life lessons to learn. They'll do this just fine on their own.

You're both absolutely right. I modified my post to reflect positive comments.

itsyouthsoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:20 am

Cool

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmos04 Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:32 pm

Yes they are 10 and 11 year old girls so lets keep it positive . This is for the two ofc dads who were heckling my daughter during the game by saying calling her retarded and a sloppy soccer player, I hope u fell good about your selves. Fyi next time it won't be a women telling u to get your ass on the other side of the field, fortunately for u guys I wasn't at the game.

cosmos04

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:46 pm

OFC has a thing about not staying on their side of the field....must be how they came up thru their system(s)? Seems to be a bad habit that's spreading... My advice... Stay on ur side unless you are a goalie dad/mom.... Avoids these kind of problems....

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by 05GKdad_Tulsa Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:54 pm

I haven't noticed their feeder programs (NOKC, ESC) do this, maybe I haven't paid enough attention...but I've seen 3 OFC 04g teams this fall in a total of 7 games. OFC 11v11, OFC Black, OFC White. All 3 of them do this.

OFC folks, any reason why?
05GKdad_Tulsa
05GKdad_Tulsa

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:11 pm

Multiple age groups, too

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by Gonzo The Great Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:37 pm

Cosmos 04, I would have beat the

Gonzo The Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerabe Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:13 pm

I'm pretty sure there is parental idiots on every team. I'm sure everybody can think of at least one on their own team. Look at the 04 Tulsa discussion. Im sure most on those teams are normal. Unfortunately, it just takes one adult living through their child to make a whole club look bad. From my brief perspective inter team jealousy between parents is worse.

Soccerabe

Back to top Go down

Post by tschlurker Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:55 pm

Parents should stay on with their parent group at their team's end of the field (as defined by the end of the field opposite your team's bench) AT ALL TIMES.  It is a bad practice and asking for trouble when a parent decides to stand on the same side as the other team's parents.  Goalie parent should not be different -- it is bullshit that a goalie's parent sits down by the keeper's end and coaches them through the entire game.  it is competitive soccer.    Let your kid play.  No other parent is paying you to coach the keeper or any other player during the game.  You are probably bugging the shit out of your kid and almost certainly embarrassing them.  

Recently at an 00 PLW game in South Texas I saw the field lined in an interesting way.  In addition to the 6 foot line for the parents to keep their chairs behind, at the half way line there was an "H" marked for the home side and a "V" for visitor, and there was a 5 yard no-man's land on each side of the halfway line where no one could sit.  One of our nuttier parents sat on their end to yap at his forward daughter and the linesman ordered him back to our side.  That is how it should be done in Oklahoma.

tschlurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Cleansheets Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:29 am

How about a novel idea that would make this all a moot point. Act like you have half a brain. It shouldn't matter where you sit as long as you conduct yourself like you got some sense.
Cleansheets
Cleansheets

Back to top Go down

Post by tschlurker Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:42 am

Wonder if you have ever watched a girls u8-u16 game -- my experience from watching 200-plus is that only half the people watching have half a brain when it comes to watching a kid's sporting event (both in terms of how to act and in terms of understanding what they are watching).  Any parent that wants to watch from the other team's side is either looking for trouble or  asking for it.

tschlurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Cleansheets Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:45 am

tschlurker wrote:Wonder if you have ever watched a girls u8-u16 game -- my experience from watching 200-plus is that only half the people watching have half a brain when it comes to watching a kid's sporting event (both in terms of how to act and in terms of understanding what they are watching).  Any parent that wants to watch from the other team's side is either looking for trouble or  asking for it.
To answer your question, yes I have. I've seen parents act the way grown adults should and I 've seen the worst in parents. It's unfortunate but people are people and they are going to do what they want regardless. Until there is a written and enforceable rule parents will sit where ever they want. Most of the time it's not a problem but there is always one bad apple as the saying goes
I wholeheartedly disagree on the keeper parent issue. My DD plays keeper for DT Scott 04. From time to time I will walk down by where she is just as a visual show of support. I do NOT coach, yell, scream or otherwise embarrass her so I really just blend in with other parents. I will agree with you in that if you go looking for trouble it will find you.
Cleansheets
Cleansheets

Back to top Go down

Post by tschlurker Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:53 am

While I am sure you handle yourself appropriately, there are a LOT of nutty keeper parents out there who seem intent on killing any love of the game their kids ever had. In any event, we can agree to disagree on this topic.

tschlurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Cleansheets Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:59 am

tschlurker wrote:While I am sure you handle yourself appropriately, there are a LOT of nutty keeper parents out there who seem intent on killing any love of the game their kids ever had.  In any event, we can agree to disagree on this topic.
Well keepers are a little nutty so it has to come from somewhere lol.
Cleansheets
Cleansheets

Back to top Go down

Post by tschlurker Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:07 am

It is definitely a pressure filled job and must be nerve-wracking to watch sometimes as a parent (like PK shootouts)-- a little nutty is understandable.

tschlurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Cleansheets Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:12 am

The only job tougher than being a keeper, is being a keepers parent. Lol
Cleansheets
Cleansheets

Back to top Go down

Post by tschlurker Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:16 am

Agree that's got to be rough.

tschlurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3