Oklahoma Competitive Soccer Forum
The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help me grow the forum!
Most improved 04 team? - Page 5 Pixel
Statistics
We have 466 registered users
The newest registered user is Drmorgan554

Our users have posted a total of 6876 messages in 411 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Most improved 04 team?

+17
04eastside
Number6
soccerschmuck
Tar Heel
TSC010405
The Soccer 1%
Yellowcard
Rico S
ENERGYFC04
sooner
Rainbow
Roughneck04
Soonerdad04
bird04
cosmos04
yoyokix
918soccer
21 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Most improved 04 team? - Page 5 Empty Re: Most improved 04 team?

Post by Yellowcard Wed May 25, 2016 1:26 am

Tar Heel wrote:
Blameitontheref wrote:I don't know what happened here at all, but I've said it before. My experience is that usually the cpp abuse at TSC is more due to parents from the top teams or parents with connections getting their way and getting their kids more playing time by hitting up all the coaches their kid could possibly play for for additional playing time. It's one of those cases where the squeaky wheel gets the grease. If your Amos or Sharp or Williams or Parker or whoever and you are short on players, it's just easier to text back the guy that's been bugging you already to play than it is to go scout out some girl off the F team who's probably glad the season is over and can't wait to sit on the couch and watch tv. Plus it's kind of a win-win. The coach brings in a good player that helps them win, and the parent's ego gets a little bump since their kid is "getting asked to play". Even though most of the times, it was parent initiated contact that led to the guesting opportunity.

Wow, you sound bitter and with an agenda.  The only time we have asked to play something was if TSC 03 Beattie won State this year and some of his players couldn't make the trip to regionals (which obviously didn't happen).  Yes, we know all the coaches and visa-versa (since we have an 03, 04 and 05, but you probably already know that), however, we don't "hit up" the coaches.  But AGAIN, many times it's because we are already there with another DD.  Just like Saturday.

And "thank you" TSC010405.

This is funny! I have seen a guy in a Tarheel hat or shirt always talking to coaches!!! Don't let him fool you, he politics with the best of them. We all call him Nixon.
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by oksoccernut Wed May 25, 2016 4:03 am

Pre-ECNL and ECNL teams for TSCH are registered as both US Club and USYS players/teams. Therefore they can only CPP within the club. Technically the player could "guest play" with another club team in a tournament that allowed guest players. But, that player couldn't play ECNL for TSCH and then play OPL for a different club team.

oksoccernut

Back to top Go down

Post by redcard Wed May 25, 2016 4:13 am

Tar Heel, is around alll the coaches at all times..... Mainly, for his oldest

redcard

Back to top Go down

Post by redcard Wed May 25, 2016 4:19 am

Yellowcard!!!

redcard

Back to top Go down

Post by Tar Heel Wed May 25, 2016 2:41 pm

This is funny!  I have seen a guy in a Tarheel hat or shirt always talking to coaches!!!  Don't let him fool you, he politics with the best of them.  We all call him Nixon.  [/quote]

Old Yellow, we all know who you are, it's not hard. Rolling Eyes
Tar Heel
Tar Heel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tar Heel Wed May 25, 2016 2:49 pm

redcard wrote:Tar Heel, is around alll the coaches at all times..... Mainly, for his oldest

Unfortunately, with 4 girls in TSC soccer, I have no personal life. I am at All Star 5 days a week and at multiple soccer complexes every weekend. So yes, we know a ton of coaches, how could you not? Very Happy
Tar Heel
Tar Heel

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Wed May 25, 2016 3:13 pm

Tar Heel wrote:This is funny!  I have seen a guy in a Tarheel hat or shirt always talking to coaches!!!  Don't let him fool you, he politics with the best of them.  We all call him Nixon.  

Old Yellow, we all know who you are, it's not hard. Rolling Eyes[/quote]

I am nobody... Everyone knows that. jocolor
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by ENERGYFC04 Wed May 25, 2016 3:20 pm

TSC. The club that just keeps giving Cool

Most improved 04 team? - Page 5 Drama-10

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by Tar Heel Wed May 25, 2016 3:32 pm

No drama... we're friends IRL. Very Happy
Tar Heel
Tar Heel

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Wed May 25, 2016 3:46 pm

I thought this was real life?
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Wed May 25, 2016 8:10 pm

Yellowcard wrote:
bird04 wrote:Here's an off topic question, sort of...Can ECNL girls guest play? I've heard both ways on this and don't know...

The last thing you want to have happen is your player to get hurt in an OPL game and put them out for the season of ECNL.  I would highly advise against it and I'm sure the coach will too...

I appreciate the advice! Not really that much of a guest player advocate...have done a bit here or there when asked...Sounds like it could lead to potential unnecessary conflict with our new ECNL coach and maybe has led to some bad feelings amongst parents in certain circumstances. Will have to give some thought to this and come up with an equitable way of distributing these opportunities amongst the players on a given team (say, for instance, our team). Have some ideas that should be acceptable. Hopefully, they'll be embraced. But like you say, probably the best overall would be for no guest playing as the risk of injury, irritated coach, etc.. (not to mention the issue of A team players playing for C teams to get the win, etc... that has been discussed here at length). Thanks again for your input....

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Wed May 25, 2016 8:26 pm

bird04 wrote:
Yellowcard wrote:
bird04 wrote:Here's an off topic question, sort of...Can ECNL girls guest play? I've heard both ways on this and don't know...

The last thing you want to have happen is your player to get hurt in an OPL game and put them out for the season of ECNL.  I would highly advise against it and I'm sure the coach will too...

I appreciate the advice! Not really that much of a guest player advocate...have done a bit here or there when asked...Sounds like it could lead to potential unnecessary conflict with our new ECNL coach and maybe has led to some bad feelings amongst parents in certain circumstances. Will have to give some thought to this and come up with an equitable way of distributing these opportunities amongst the players on a given team (say, for instance, our team). Have some ideas that should be acceptable. Hopefully, they'll be embraced. But like you say, probably the best overall would be for no guest playing as the risk of injury, irritated coach, etc.. (not to mention the issue of A team players playing for C teams to get the win, etc... that has been discussed here at length). Thanks again for your input....

Yeah I mean I like guest playing in some circumstances... My favorite is when the player gets asked to come up an age group and play with an older team. That really says something about the player. I even like when a younger player gets asked to play on an older C team to help with a win. I'm not a fan of guest playing downward as much though... If my player were on an ECNL team I wouldn't chance playing down in OPL or up in OPL... That just my own opinion on it. I don't have to worry about that though. Now, if your player gets asked to guest up on an older ECNL team then I say go for it! That's a real complement!
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by Tar Heel Wed May 25, 2016 8:55 pm

You all should read the NTX forums (especially concerning 03 ECNL and Jr. ECNL).  

If I am reading it correctly, seems like teams are still going to do ECNL / Jr. ECNL and LH D1.  Concerns I saw were... clubs did not want to loose their spot in LH and many players still want the ability to play for state, regionals and national.  And they still want to compete in a league that has standings and points.

Last edited by Tar Heel on Wed May 25, 2016 9:02 pm; edited 3 times in total
Tar Heel
Tar Heel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tar Heel Wed May 25, 2016 8:59 pm

Wonder if something BIG will change all that?
Tar Heel
Tar Heel

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Wed May 25, 2016 9:34 pm

Would you mind just reading it to us or copying the link? I'm really tired right now...
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5