Oklahoma Competitive Soccer Forum
The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help me grow the forum!
Most improved 04 team? - Page 4 Pixel
Statistics
We have 466 registered users
The newest registered user is Drmorgan554

Our users have posted a total of 6876 messages in 411 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Most improved 04 team?

+17
04eastside
Number6
soccerschmuck
Tar Heel
TSC010405
The Soccer 1%
Yellowcard
Rico S
ENERGYFC04
sooner
Rainbow
Roughneck04
Soonerdad04
bird04
cosmos04
yoyokix
918soccer
21 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Most improved 04 team? - Page 4 Empty Re: Most improved 04 team?

Post by TSC010405 Tue May 24, 2016 6:14 pm

I know for a fact that the 01 OFC team has girls who play for different clubs in Texas for ECNL and those girls always play in state cup.

TSC010405

Back to top Go down

Post by 04eastside Tue May 24, 2016 6:18 pm

They can, no rule to prevent it. I just think it's just not done too much by ECNL clubs. For example, composite team players are allowed to play in state cup as individuals. However, the composite TEAM could not because they have not competed in a sanctioned USYS event, such as opl, srpl,etc. Basically, the rule of not crossing over is for "teams" not individual players as long as that player is at least registered as a usys player on a roster somewhere. I would think the rules for composite team players and actual ECNL players would be the same, since they're registered the same.

04eastside

Back to top Go down

Post by Tar Heel Tue May 24, 2016 6:24 pm

See I told you I could be wrong. Great insight, thanks!
Tar Heel
Tar Heel

Back to top Go down

Post by 04eastside Tue May 24, 2016 6:29 pm

I know this because i was trying to recruit a composite team player because i thought the same.

04eastside

Back to top Go down

Post by 04eastside Tue May 24, 2016 6:29 pm

Confirmed above with OSA.

04eastside

Back to top Go down

Post by TSC010405 Tue May 24, 2016 6:31 pm

This is the first year for Composite teams.

TSC010405

Back to top Go down

Post by 04eastside Tue May 24, 2016 6:50 pm

I know. Point was, i asked this year. Its not about what team they play on. It's about who they're registered with. For example, the player i talked to had already signed and paid for composite team. Checked and confirmed, they still could sign with another club. They wouldn't get money back, but could still play else where as long as not us club. Then, that same parent told me the composite team would not have an official league or championship tourney at end of season. So i thought, his daughter could not play in state cup and that was big deal for this particular parent since didn't have championship for composite team.

However, i checked and found out i wrong and found out what i stated above. I would've loved to have that player on my daughters team, but didn't want to lie in the process for that to happen. That's how i found out no rule preventing guesting, just sounds like clubs don't practice it much.

04eastside

Back to top Go down

Post by The Soccer 1% Tue May 24, 2016 7:40 pm

Tar Heel wrote:
The Soccer 1% wrote:Tar Heel:  would you concur with this?

Any player from griffin playing on Beattie,  Banham, or Williams would be completely appropriate.  Beattie girls playing with sharp or would be inappropriate.

I'll answer it this way, we had a couple 03 Beattie players guest play with us on the 03 Williams team this year.  During those games, my DD played harder, more focused and aggressive than normal.  IMHO, due to the skill and presence of the guest players.

I guess I have no problem with it at all, just a difference of opinion.
I could argue that your kid played more focused and aggressive because of who they were playing with. I'd be a much better center if I had an All-Pro guard and tackle playing next to me.

Then why have leagues with relegation/promotion if the top teams can guest their way to the top?

The scenario where your kid played (or had pending plans to play) with Beattie sounds to me the way the system is designed to allow and would be developmental for her and would help them out. Beattie girls playing down two levels in an OPL Silver league game is not how it is designed. If a Silver team needs some fill in players they should go to the age below or to OCL. That's all I'm saying. I don't see how that's restrictive. It just seems fair.

The Soccer 1%

Back to top Go down

Post by Tar Heel Tue May 24, 2016 7:53 pm

The Soccer 1% wrote:
Tar Heel wrote:
The Soccer 1% wrote:Tar Heel:  would you concur with this?

Any player from griffin playing on Beattie,  Banham, or Williams would be completely appropriate.  Beattie girls playing with sharp or would be inappropriate.

I'll answer it this way, we had a couple 03 Beattie players guest play with us on the 03 Williams team this year.  During those games, my DD played harder, more focused and aggressive than normal.  IMHO, due to the skill and presence of the guest players.

I guess I have no problem with it at all, just a difference of opinion.
I could argue that your kid played more focused and aggressive because of who they were playing with.  I'd be a much better center if I had an All-Pro guard and tackle playing next to me.  

Then why have leagues with relegation/promotion if the top teams can guest their way to the top?

The scenario where your kid played (or had pending plans to play) with Beattie sounds to me the way the system is designed to allow and would be developmental for her and would help them out.  Beattie girls playing down two levels in an OPL Silver league game is not how it is designed.  If a Silver team needs some fill in players they should go to the age below or to OCL.  That's all I'm saying.  I don't see how that's restrictive.  It just seems fair.

Exactly, a running back might be hitting holes they've never seen before.  Or the QB might have that extra second or two to read the D and make a beautiful TD pass to an open WR.  Everyone has a better game, which in my opinion, helps build confidence.
Tar Heel
Tar Heel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tar Heel Tue May 24, 2016 7:56 pm

Unless you're a Sooner. Then you're still throwing interceptions and fumbling the ball away.
Tar Heel
Tar Heel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Soccer 1% Tue May 24, 2016 8:06 pm

[quote/]Exactly, a running back might be hitting holes they've never seen before.  Or the QB might have that extra second or two to read the D and make a beautiful TD pass to an open WR.  Everyone has a better game, which in my opinion, helps build confidence.[/quote]Except that Team A is competing against Team B in a LEAGUE that has results, standings and consequences.  Do it in tournaments but not in league games.

Last edited by The Soccer 1% on Tue May 24, 2016 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

The Soccer 1%

Back to top Go down

Post by Tar Heel Tue May 24, 2016 8:13 pm

What if nobody likes Team B? Laughing
Tar Heel
Tar Heel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Soccer 1% Tue May 24, 2016 8:17 pm

Tar Heel wrote:What if nobody likes Team B? Laughing
I think it's Team A that no one likes. Just sayin'...

The Soccer 1%

Back to top Go down

Post by Tar Heel Tue May 24, 2016 8:24 pm

The Soccer 1% wrote:
Tar Heel wrote:What if nobody likes Team B? Laughing
I think it's Team A that no one likes.  Just sayin'...

Most improved 04 team? - Page 4 78033-10
Tar Heel
Tar Heel

Back to top Go down

Post by ENERGYFC04 Tue May 24, 2016 8:26 pm

Would Pippen had been a top 50 player without Jordan?   Would you even know the names BJ Armstrong, Paxon, Kerr (well maybe him), Bill Cartwright, et al.

Wait, if they played ECNL we would all know their names!

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by Tar Heel Tue May 24, 2016 8:28 pm

GREAT!!! Now I got that Sirius song in my head.
Tar Heel
Tar Heel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tar Heel Tue May 24, 2016 8:29 pm

ENERGYFC04 wrote:Would Pippen had been a top 50 player without Jordan?   Would you even know the names BJ Armstrong, Paxon, Kerr (well maybe him), Bill Cartwright, et al.  

You're not allowed to say ECNL are you? You should say "the league that must not be named."
Tar Heel
Tar Heel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Tue May 24, 2016 8:32 pm

Let's do a fundraiser... every time you say ECNL you donate a $1 to this website... 1/2 of the proceeds go to funding the ECNL teams Wink

Rainbow

Back to top Go down

Post by ENERGYFC04 Tue May 24, 2016 8:35 pm

Tar Heel wrote:
ENERGYFC04 wrote:Would Pippen had been a top 50 player without Jordan?   Would you even know the names BJ Armstrong, Paxon, Kerr (well maybe him), Bill Cartwright, et al.  

You're not allowed to say ECNL are you?   You should say "the league that must not be named."

The Rules of ECNL Club.

1st RULE: You do not talk about ECNL CLUB.
2nd RULE: You DO NOT talk about ECNL CLUB.

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by ENERGYFC04 Tue May 24, 2016 8:36 pm

Rainbow wrote:Let's do a fundraiser... every time you say ECNL you donate a $1 to this website... 1/2 of the proceeds go to funding the ECNL teams Wink
ECNL kids heck yeah lets fundraiser. Starving kids in Africa Can they play soccer?

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Tue May 24, 2016 8:37 pm

Probably better than most of the kids playing here but no one will see them because they are not playing in ####

Rainbow

Back to top Go down

Post by Tar Heel Tue May 24, 2016 8:41 pm

Rainbow wrote:Probably better than most of the kids playing here but no one will see them because they are not playing in ####

LOL
Tar Heel
Tar Heel

Back to top Go down

Post by oksoccernut Tue May 24, 2016 9:09 pm

I think it should fund Energy's new venture in stand up comedy. Dude is pretty dang funny.

oksoccernut

Back to top Go down

Post by ENERGYFC04 Tue May 24, 2016 9:33 pm

Tried that once. Wife didn't appreciate all the groupies. But hey if it can get us to #### I'll willing to make sacrifices

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Wed May 25, 2016 1:18 am

bird04 wrote:Here's an off topic question, sort of...Can ECNL girls guest play? I've heard both ways on this and don't know...

The last thing you want to have happen is your player to get hurt in an OPL game and put them out for the season of ECNL. I would highly advise against it and I'm sure the coach will too...
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next