Oklahoma Competitive Soccer Forum
The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help me grow the forum!
State Cup 2016 - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 466 registered users
The newest registered user is Drmorgan554

Our users have posted a total of 6876 messages in 411 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

State Cup 2016

+12
longball
redcard
The Soccer 1%
canester2002
Tar Heel
Oakie75
Jamestren
TSCSOCCERDAD
bird04
918soccer
Rainbow
Yellowcard
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

State Cup 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: State Cup 2016

Post by Rainbow Wed May 11, 2016 3:33 pm

We are talking about U12 and with the age group change some will start off as 10 and turn 11 during this year (all the fall birthdays).

I agree on the you control the things that make sense. I am guessing there are people that choose not to take their kids to Twin Peaks because they can get similar food at Chili's.

Rainbow

Back to top Go down

Post by TSCSOCCERDAD Wed May 11, 2016 4:11 pm

redcard wrote:Wow, that is kinda harsh! His mouth does get him in trouble but he is a talented coach. At the end of the day every coach has issues.Yellow card DD on williams 03s?
Maybe a little harsh. I think he got his position as pre-ECNL coach more on who he knows (he's an old Hurricane guy). I've been "TROLLING" back trough my memory and can't find any success record for him. I think his team got beat pretty good in state cup. While they where with Amos they really had some big wins and good success. If I'm thinking of right team. Seems they've digressed some under him. He might be a better option than Parker/Griffin though.

TSCSOCCERDAD

Back to top Go down

Post by FUBAR Wed May 11, 2016 6:10 pm

At the end of the season Parker appeared to be the only one that developed a team for the better. Beattie's got destroyed by OFC in the semis and the Griffin team had to win the finals with PK's. And that's all I got to say about that

FUBAR

Back to top Go down

Post by redcard Wed May 11, 2016 6:45 pm

Did you watch the game? His kids had a great season. They didnt show up to play. The girls even admitted that they over estimated OFC. State Cup is so much like March Madness. You never know what the outcome will be.. Beattie hasnt always had top teams. The great thing is every 2 years you have an oppurtunity to be with another coach. Plus, parents and kids have choices to play for a number of coaches in each age group. Thats what we appreciate. If we dont like the coach or chemistry there is another team to play for. Melton, will also have pre ecnl group so there are options. There are also nnumerous clubs in the area to choose from. Not every coach is for every player or family.

redcard

Back to top Go down

Post by ENERGYFC04 Wed May 11, 2016 6:46 pm

The more i watch soccer unfold, gauging a team and individual players "development" over a season is truly hard. Its also truly hard to say X coach did great based simply on wins and loses. I can look at any team and see times during a year they have had peaks and valleys.

Let me use our team for example. The MB Tournament looked like a "valley" for us in January. We played Gold in Dallas and while most games were very close, did not win. That said, the secret was we were missing 2 of our 3 starting forwards combined with another kid coming off an injury and another kid getting injured the first game. We were undermanned and performed valiantly (girls being forced into minutes and positions they had not had to do before) and I personally saw tremendous development for the team during that time. Now if you just look at gotsoccer you wouldn't consider that tournament a success and say they under performed or view it as an indictment on their development. Before that tournament we had played very well and won two other tournaments. State Cup we were missing a centerback which effected our versatility.

My point is not to "blue room" my team (that no longer exists) but to specifically note that wins and losses including tournaments can be very misleading as to development at this age. Development is something really only coaches and some parents can gauge. So many variables including injuries, guest players, missing players and CPP can be deceptive and not tell the whole developmental story.

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by sooner5 Thu May 12, 2016 5:31 pm

Does this sound right?

http://www.oksoccer.com/assets/pdfs/OCC_Promotion_Relegation_Continuity_2016-2017.pdf

sooner5

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Thu May 12, 2016 6:28 pm

That's how I understand it...
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by Number6 Thu May 12, 2016 7:08 pm

Coaches should develop teams to peak at the end of the season when it matters most. I like when they play gold or up right before a big tournament or state cup, it seems like a smart move. If you didn't perform well at the end maybe you should question that. If Golden State set a NBA regular season record but lost in the first round of the playoffs, nobody considers them as great as a team.

Number6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3