Oklahoma Competitive Soccer Forum
The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help me grow the forum!
Club mergers  Pixel
Statistics
We have 466 registered users
The newest registered user is Drmorgan554

Our users have posted a total of 6876 messages in 411 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Club mergers

+7
918soccer
t-town05
04eastside
oksoccer
Gatorade95
FootballDad05
918SoccerMom
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Club mergers  Empty Club mergers

Post by 918SoccerMom Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:24 am

Anyone have any knowledge of club mergers? Rumors have been swirling about Blitz and NEO merging.

918SoccerMom

Back to top Go down

Club mergers  Empty Re: Club mergers

Post by FootballDad05 Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:44 am

More likely to be Blitz and WSA merging with OFC!

FootballDad05

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatorade95 Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:58 pm

Blitz and OFC is supposedly a done deal just waiting for the announcement.

Gatorade95

Back to top Go down

Post by oksoccer Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:27 pm

Its done. Oklahoma Energy FC. Will be largest club in state with multiple options for kids to grow and develop. Should be announced any moment.

oksoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by 04eastside Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:36 pm

Oksoccer is correct. It is no rumor, it is done. As a Blitz parent in excited about this. Based on what people at Blitz, that made this decision on behalf of Blitz, have been telling me and what I've seen, I think it is great for my daughter and all the youth involved. Everything will always have its naysayers. However, with the CPP opportunities and the opportunity of forming good teams for bigger events beyond your regular team, I think is great. The actual clubs involved are OFC, Blitz and Canadian Valley.

04eastside

Back to top Go down

Post by t-town05 Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:54 pm

Should be another good opportunity for kids across the state to continue to get access to top quality soccer competition for both boys and girls. Energy should add access to great opportunities that weren't available before.
t-town05
t-town05

Back to top Go down

Post by 918soccer Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:58 pm

On the surface this sounds very exciting but when you look at the details it offers Blitz players very little. The Tulsa group will still have the same coaches, directors, practice fields, leagues, etc. There is a huge benefit to OFC/Energy FC because it increases their chances of getting a national league but it offers little more than a name change for Blitz.

Last edited by 918soccer on Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:53 pm; edited 2 times in total

918soccer

Back to top Go down

Post by 04eastside Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:37 pm

918soccer you seem to know an awful lot about this. I'm not even going to attempt to argue with you, but if I recall you were the same person squawking saying people were hating (and I'm paraphrasing) when others were always trying to slam and find something negative everytime you got on line bragging (which is fine) about something you felt TSC was doing something "great" as you always like to say. Now it seems you are "hating yourself."

Everyone on here pretty much knows who I am and believe it or not, I know who you are. Because of that, I'm 100% sure you have seen no paperwork, been on no conference calls or been in any meetings discussing what you "claim you know above." Whether OSA allowed energy to have a club and all three enter under that umbrella or 2 of the 3 clubs decided to register teams under 1 club, there is still a benefit to it beyond a "money grab." WHICH I FIND FUNNY COMING FROM ANY TSC PARENT TALKING ABOUT A MONEY GRAB FROM CLUB LEADERSHIP.

Like I said, but going to argue details with you because in time the details will be known. If you've read my posts before, I've pretty much refrained from being a TSC hater for the must part, so what is your reason for hating so much on a club that you will never, ever come to AGAIN.

Your obviously happy where you have your children, which is great. So am I. However, please stop saying things as if they were fact, when it's all hear say, from you at least.

Both clubs have issues and both clubs makes mistakes and sometimes bad decisions. (Ask your really good 04 girls team about that).

However, based on what I'VE SEEN and LISTENED to I believe what all 3 of these clubs are doing is good for the players in all 3 clubs, including Blitz.

Again, this will be the last time I comment on this until all the details are out and public knowledge.

04eastside

Back to top Go down

Post by 918soccer Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:50 pm

I have many friends at Blitz who are under the impression this merger will bring DA or another ECNL club to Tulsa and I think they are being mislead. That is my only issue. If there is any part of my post that is not accurate point it out.

Last edited by 918soccer on Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

918soccer

Back to top Go down

Post by 04eastside Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:06 pm

Only reason is money grab, have issue. Legal seperate entities, have an issue. Little benefits to their members, have an issue. Again, we're going to always disagree.

Then you say you have a problem with being mislead is your only issue. Composite team will be a part of ECNL and get same exposure as actual ECNL, misleading? Implying your part owner and have exclusive rights to the new Titan facility that's why we're going to charge you more, misleading? Most recently, 04 girls you will get to pay in state cup and go to regionals because your a dang good team, misleading?

Your only issue is "your friends bring mislead?" Come on man, your only issue is BLITZ and is management. Again, that's fine, do what's best for your daughter.

Good luck.

04eastside

Back to top Go down

Post by 918soccer Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:33 pm

For the record, I personally like this merger and I would love to see OFC get ECNL. They're a top club and I think they would strenghten the league and help show the country how strong Oklahoma soccer is. More importantly, they would experience the advantages of ECNL first hand and help the Oklahoma soccer public learn just as much about ECNL and have the same exposure as Texas clubs.

Last edited by 918soccer on Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

918soccer

Back to top Go down

Post by NeverPlayedSoccer Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:12 am

What I heard is that this "merger" won't affect leagues and league teams but just allow us to form "tournament" teams. Anyone else heard this? Will be interesting to see how this all plays out...

NeverPlayedSoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballDad05 Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:00 pm

NeverPlayed, that will be interesting to see how that works out. Local teams for keague play and combined teams for tournaments would require some work for teams to mesh on both platforms. Tournaments are tough for girls or boys who seldom play togethor it will make it rough when you travel. Will you guys do a seperate try out in OkC for that or do you have any info on how that will work?

FootballDad05

Back to top Go down

Post by NeverPlayedSoccer Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:13 pm

Zero info...all just rumors at this point. Hopefully they will announce something so we can all stop guessing...LOL

NeverPlayedSoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatorade95 Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:39 pm

NeverPlayedSoccer wrote:What I heard is that this "merger" won't affect leagues and league teams but just allow us to form "tournament" teams.  Anyone else heard this?  Will be interesting to see how this all plays out...

I have heard the same rumor from our Blitz coach.

Gatorade95

Back to top Go down

Post by TSC010405 Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:40 pm

Good for them! Hopefully it will be good for Tulsa! Blitz needed it badly and this will help them out.

TSC010405

Back to top Go down

Post by NeverPlayedSoccer Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:22 am

http://www.energyfc.com/news_article/show/777648?referrer_id=2427256

NeverPlayedSoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by 918soccer Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:13 am

I see this partnership selling more tickets to Energy games and increasing OFC's chances of getting a national league, both of which would be great for Oklahoma, but I see little benefit to the players unless they get a national league. Here is why:

Without a national league, the top Energy teams will play OPL/SRPL/Super Y and tournaments. This has been an OK option in years past but think about what happens to these leagues after DA and DA2 - the quality drops considerably, even more than it did after ECNL. The same will happen with tournaments. Remove DA, DA2, ECNL and Composite ECNL teams from the Texas, Vegas or Surf Cup and you no longer have elite level tournaments. When quality drops it's only be a matter of time before recruiting follows suit.

918soccer

Back to top Go down

Post by TSC010405 Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:11 pm

So in the logo it has OKC. Will that change that to Tulsa for Blitz?

TSC010405

Back to top Go down

Post by 04eastside Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:08 pm

TSC010405 wrote:So in the logo it has OKC.  Will that change that to Tulsa for Blitz?

That is the logo for the semi-pro team. The youth team is suppose to have their own logo. From my understanding, the youth one will be the sane accross the board. Tulsa will not have their own and OKC will not have their own. Just a little different from the semi-pro team.

04eastside

Back to top Go down

Post by TSC010405 Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:11 pm

I like it. Happy for you guys. Hope it brings everything you need.

TSC010405

Back to top Go down

Post by NeverPlayedSoccer Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:19 pm

Am I the only one that reads the statement and asks, "so what does the partnership look like?" I still don't understand how this is going to change or not change anything. What does "partnership" mean? If anyone has concrete info on this announcement, it would be greatly appreciated.

NeverPlayedSoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by t-town05 Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:54 pm

This is what we have gotten officially so far. It doesn't give much detail but its a little with more to come soon.

The New...OKLAHOMA ENERGY FC

About the Partnership...

When does the Oklahoma Energy FC Partnership begin?

At tryouts June 3-4, 2017

How does it affect Blitz United Soccer Club?

Business as usual. It will not affect our day to day operations, teams will still practice at Alsuma, and the new Titan Sports Complex. Games will remain at Titan, Mohawk, Alsuma, etc...Yearly and monthly dues structures will remain the same.

How does it affect Blitz United Soccer Club individual teams?

Name will change, uniforms will change, we will register as one club across Oklahoma. Individual teams, coaches, and staff coaches are not going to change.

What leagues will our teams play in?

All current leaguing will remain the same, if your team plays in OCL, OPL, and SRPL.

How does this benefit Blitz United Soccer Club as a whole?

This will help us establish a clear path for our players who want to play at higher levels. As the constant evolving of leagues continues, our numbers and state wide presence will allow us as a club every opportunity.

t-town05
t-town05

Back to top Go down

Post by 918soccer Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:56 pm

The benefits of this partnership have been grossly exaggerated. The truth is, very little will change with each individual club, the logistics of combining teams simply aren't feasible and the reason the partnership was formed was not to improve the club level but to get boys DA to help land an MLS franchise. This is Bob Funk's agenda and to achieve it he needs a boys developmental academy . Unfortunately, it does little to improve the club program before the boys get DA and even less for girls.

918soccer

Back to top Go down

Post by TSCSOCCERDAD Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:54 pm

If it does bring DA to OK that would be awesome for boys soccer. I think this merger on the surface seems like a good one, but having been at Blitz I think it will take more than the OFC name to make this go for Blitz. They still have the same leadership issues and mentality. If you've never been part of TSC and are just looking on from Alsuma then you don't know what your talking about and are probably just talking through severe bias. I know because I use to do the same thing. In my experience with my kids, Blitz made a lot of questionable decisions and lied straight to my face. However, I've been far from 100% happy with TSC, but I'm beginning to think that is just youth soccer. TSC could run their ECNL program a lot better. There is zero development that goes on in their ECNL program from coaching. However, the league is awesome. I just hope boys ECNL is the same (doubt it though)!

TSCSOCCERDAD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next